I have a love hate relationship with Sundays. They are amazing relaxing days but it’s also the day before a full 5 days of work ahead..sigh! Growing up every Sunday I would wake up to the smell of my Dad making homemade breakfast potato’s for Sunday Brunch. He would always make us his infamous pancakes, eggs, sausage, bacon, list goes on..! As a kid, I always looked forward to those meals so in my adult life I try to do the same but keep it friendly to my diet.
This morning I decided to make homemade pork sausage! I’ve been wanting to try this for a while but was nervous to how it would turn out! They were delicious but I was a bit shy on the spices worried that I was going to over spice them but for my first time, they were delic! I will most definitely be making these again!
-1 lb lean ground pork
– 1 teaspoon sea salt
– 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
– 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
– 1/4 teaspoon ground all spice
– 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon tarragon
– 1/2 teaspoon oregano
– 1/2 teaspoon basil
– 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1/2 shredded green apple
– 1/2 small sweet potato shredded
– Pre-heat your skillet on medium heat.
– Mix the ground pork with all the ingredients listed above
– Take 1/4 cup and shape your patty’s
– Cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until cooked (depending on how thick they are).
– In another skillet cook your eggs the way you like them, I love my eggs bleeding so that’s what I did! Just place on top of sausage (if desired) and TA DA!!!