The month of summer is HERE! I don’t know about you all but I could not be more excited. One of my many favorite parts about summer is all the in season fresh produce that comes our way. I am currently down in Florida taking a few days for myself and could not help but pick up fresh mango’s at a local farmers market. This is the definition of natures candy!
Did you know: Mango’s contain a high level of antioxidants that have been researched to protect against color, breast, leukemia, and prostate cancers? In addition, the compounds in mango’s are known to help lower cholesterol, clear skin, alkalize blood, improves digestion and much more!
Another great perk of this salsa is you can pair this with so many foods. The salsa has the ability of taking a simple, “boring” ingredient into something mouth-watering delicious. My recommendation would be plantain chips, pair with fish or fish taco’s (or any taco!), drizzle on grilled salmon or grilled chicken, to name a few. The possibilities are endless!
Here’s to a great 2018 Summer! Enjoy!
Ingredients: 4 servings
- 1 Large Mango (almost ripe)
- 1/2 Small Tomato
- 1/4 Red Onion
- Lime Juice, from fresh lime
- Handful Cilantro, diced
- Peel the mango skin and then cut around the pit. This can be tricky and slippery so be careful. Cut the meat off the pit and dice into squares.
- Add diced onion, tomato, cilantro and fresh lime juice.
- Serve with whatever protein you desire or plantain chips.