My boyfriend is Greek and due to that, I have been introduced to a lot of Greek foods, which I absolutely love. Greeks follow the Mediterranean diet which is basically a diet full of FRESH fish, organic animal products, fresh dairy, produce, and lots of herbs. If you were to take the essential Greek ingredients and put them into a burger – here you have it! This recipe is SO easy to make, nutrient dense and the flavor combination is divine. To make these, see all the details below.
- 1lb Ground Turkey (you can use chicken, too).
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Mint
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley
- 1/4 Cup Diced Red Onion
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Feta Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Crumbled Greek Crackers or Panko
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- Combine all ingredients into a large bowl.
- Using your hands, form into 4-5 burger patties (take 1/3 cup, roll into a large meatball than pat flat/shape into a burger.)
- Place in the freezer for 2-3 minutes.
- Heat your grill (or large skillet) and grill each side for 3-4 minutes or until cooked.
- You can enjoy this with purchased or make homemade Tzatziki.
- Top the burgers on a grilled portobello mushroom or sweet potato to create a “bunless” burger.
- Enjoy as a protein source on top of your favorite salad (as seen in photo).