I got this idea from a recipe I found on FastPaleo.com. Everyone knows that I have a huge sweet tooth so I wanted to give these a shot and holy amazeballs, these are good!! I’ve made them twice, once with no fruit and the second time I added banana in the mix. Highly recommend! If you have a sweet tooth, like me, and want to stay Paleo, try these!! I will warn you that they are very rich so it def satisfy’s that craving. Maybe eat these and chase them down with some Unsweetened Coconut/Almond Milk. Enjoy!! 🙂
1 Cup Almond Butter (my favorite is Trader Joes, Unsalted Raw Almond Butter)
1/4 Cup Honey
2/3 Shredded Coconut (I used sweetened and unsweetened – both work!)
Pinch of Salt
2 tsp Vanilla
1 1/2 Bars of 85% Dark Chocolate (my favorite dark chocolate is Black & Green).
1 tspn Coconut Oil
Optional: Fruit – Banana, Blueberries, Strawberries, etc.
1) Mix the almond butter, honey, coconut, salt, vanilla and 1/4 cup chocolate chips. (For the chocolate chips, I cut the bar into baby chunks) in a bowl.
2) Place the bowl into the fridge until the dough has thickened a bit (I’d say 1-2 hours, the thicker it is, the easier it is to roll into balls).
3) Roll the almond butter ‘dough’ into 1″ balls. Place on wax paper and place in the freezer.
4) Melt the remaining dark chocolate in a pan with coconut oil (so it doesn’t stick) on a low heat. This only takes a minute, tops so watch it!
5) Take your balls out of the freezer and dip in the chocolate. One all are dipped, place these back into the freezer to let the chocolate harden.
6) And DAS IT! Enjoy!!!