I woke up on a Sunday morning craving pancakes, I LOVE pancakes. Haven’t made them in a while so decided to get creative with what I had. I’ve recently put some grains back into my diet for a bunch of reasons. So, I know these aren’t Paleo but they are still good and healthy for you! Oats have a wide array of Vitamins, Minerals, Antioxidants, they carry complex carbs (meaning they are low sugar carbs which fuel the body and produce energy or “ATP” – thanks Anatomy!), Iron, Protein and are high in Fiber. These are so so easy to make! Hope you guys enjoy these as much as I did! If you’re craving pancakes but want to stay healthy – try these!!
1 Cup Old Fashion Oats (I LOVE Bob Mills oatmeal)
1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tbs Coconut Sugar
1/2 tspn Cinnamon
Pinch of Salt
1 Cup unsweetened Almond/Coconut Milk (or just coconut or almond doesn’t have to be a blend).
Fruit of your choice. Blueberries are my crack, so naturally, I pick blueberries but would be really good with banana’s too!
1) Blend the oats in a food processor or blender until it’s like a flour-like consistency.
2) Add in the coconut flour, baking powder, salt,cinnamon and coconut sugar. Mix together.
3) Mix together the milk, eggs and fruit with the flour mix and stir well. I find that when you let the batter sit for like 20 mins, it thickens which makes it much easier to cook/flip!
4) Heat a skillet on medium heat (use cooking spray or whatever non-stick you’d like).
5) Scoop 1/4 cup of batter and place into the skillet. Wait for the middle of the pancakes to bubble and the edges look dry before you flip. These are very ‘light’ so you want to make sure they are cooked well on the bottom before you flip them or else they will break.
6) Flip and cook for a minute or 2 on the opposite side.
7) I topped mine with Natural Honey.