I think my Italian blood shined with these! I grew up in a family where every Sunday we’d have my Mom’s homemade spg & meatballs with her homemade sauce! Since I started Paleo I’ve been lacking that. Last night I wanted to make something quick but good but also was craving some meatballs. So I put together what I had and this was the outcome. Very very good!! I ate them with my fav, spg squash but you can eat them with whatever veggie you want. Hope you enjoy!
1 lb Ground Chicken (you can use turkey too)
2 Handfuls of fresh Cilantro
1 Small Zucchini
1 Tblspn minced Garlic
1/3 Cup Olive Oil
Salt/Pepper (if desired)
1) With a blender, magic bullet or food processor, blend together cilantro, lime juice and olive oil. (I kind of eye-balled the olive oil, you want it to be a consistency of a pesto so add as necessary).
2) Dice the zucchini into small pieces.
3) Mix the ground chicken, cilantro pesto, chopped zucchini, garlic and salt/pepper together with your hands.
4) Take about 1/4 cup and roll into balls.
5) In a medium heat skillet, melt coconut oil and cook the meatballs on each side for about 5 mins (again, just watch them).
Serve with Spg Squash or whatever it is that you like to eat with your meatballs and ENJOY!