Before taking a quiz on Sunday night I needed to come up with something that was delicious, nutritious, brain powerful and quick to make. Avocado’s are considered as healthy fats and are a good source of fiber, potassium and vitamins (C,K, B6). They are full of heart healthy unsaturated fats. Meaning, they help improve and control blood cholesterol levels which help with heart disease. They also help benefit insulin levels and control blood sugar. And of course, healthy fats help with energy production. As it’s summer, I grill every.single.day. I rarely turn on that stove – I grill everything! It’s my favorite toy. I had some jumbo shrimp so I grilled these and mixed this together with a healthy avocado salad. I dare you to try it! :p
Ingredients (serving size 2):
- 20 Jumbo Shrimp
- 2 Ripe Avocados
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Medium Size Cucumber
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 3 Limes
- Handful Diced Cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon Avocado Oil
- Seasonings: Salt/Pepper/Garlic Powder
- Turn your grill on to medium heat. You don’t want the grill to be too hot so the shrimp doesn’t cook too fast and hold their moisture/texture. If you don’t have a grill, it’s okay just pan fry with some olive oil.
- In a bowl, mix salt/pepper/garlic powder with your shrimp and set aside to let marinate.
- Dice your avocado into cubes as shown below.
- Chop your onion into little squares, dice the cherry tomato’s and cucumber into 1/4 pieces and mix together with the diced avocado.
- Cut the cilantro into small pieces and mix together with the avocado salad.
- Add the lime juice from the 3 lime’s and mix well together.
- Add 1 tablespoon of avocado oil (optional) for a little more texture and flavor.
- Grill the shrimp on each side for about 2-3 minutes or until pink.
- Mix the shrimp together with the salad and serve!
Think the total time of this meal was 15 minutes and it was AMAZING. Enjoy! Nom nom! 🙂