For those of you that know me – I am a big beach, sun, warmth, tropical person. I really do not care for the Winter months. In order to ease my seasonal depression I like to incorporate tropical and warm climate fruits into my foods. I was inspired by this recipe from back in my Chinese food eating days. A local Chinese take out restaurant that I used to order from makes a really good pineapple fried rice. Seeing that I’m a bit of a health nut I wanted to turn my craving into my healthy version of that. So, I created this dish to help satisfy that craving and OH did it!! Probably one of the easiest meals I’ve made and one of the best! Try this out – I promise you’ll love!
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 2 lb Raw Shrimp
- 1/2 Fresh Pineapple
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 2 Limes
- Salt/Pepper/Garlic Powder (for seasoning)
- 1-2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Optional: White Rice
1. In a medium pan, coat your pan with olive oil. Let the pan get a little warm and add the red onion to the pan, 5-8 mins.
2. While the onion is sauteeing, skin the pineapple and dice into little squares.
3. Chop your cilantro.
4. Season your shrimp with salt/pepper/garlic powder and add to the pan and let cook until they turn pink, 5-8 min.
5. Add the pineapple to the pan and let cook for about 3 mins or until the pineapple has absorbed the heat.
6. Remove the pan from the heat and toss in the cilantro. Coat with fresh lime juice and mix all together and enjoy!
You can pair this with diced avocado as well or if you are looking to add a carb, make 1 cup of rice and mix all together.
Nom, Nom!!!! 🙂