I could not be more happy knowing that the best season is approaching us – Summer! There is nothing more that makes me happy then eating fresh fish grilled every night when it’s 80 degrees out! It’s really the best way to live. In my day-to-date I try to consume 1 meat product and 1 fish product for my dinner and lunches. I prefer to eat fish at night only because it digests easier than meat, so it’s light and it cooks very quickly! This is a great meal to enjoy on a perfect summer night with family or if you have friends over!
Ingredients (4 Servings):
- 4 Filet’s of White Fish of your choice (displayed is Swordfish)
- 4 Kiwi’s
- 1lb Strawberries
- 1/2lb Blackberries
- 1 Cup Chopped Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Lime
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- Salt, Pepper, Olive Oil (seasoning for fish)
Preheat your grill to a high-medium heat. While the grill is heatig marinade the fish with olive oil, salt and pepper. Depending on the type of fish and thickness of fish really determines how long you cook it for. The Swordfish I grilled 4 mins on each side (it was pretty thick, and delicious! :p)
Cut the kiwi, strawberries, blackberries and tomatoes into little square pieces. Mix together in a bowl with fresh lime juice, chopped red onion and chopped cilantro. Place in the refridge to keep this cool.
Once the fish is complete top with salsa and dive in!
- If you’re looking for a veggie to go with this I highly recommended grilled asparagus – coat in olive oil and a dash of salt. Cook on the grill for 5-8 mins or until a little blackened. Top with fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- If you have left over salsa you can eat this as a snack or top it with pork, chicken, steak! The options are endless!