The holidays are here which means sweet central! Often times I hear about how people have gained 10lbs during the holidays due to the mentality of “I’ll get back on track in January!” It’s inevitable that you’re going to want and crave sweets during this time of year (or all year round!). So before gravitating towards the nearest cookie, piece of cake or brownie try this delicious chocolate satisfying flavor avocado chocolate pudding! Not only is this treat packed with nutrient dense super foods it’s also a great afternoon snack, satisfies any post dinner craving or can be a great treat to offer at your holiday party!
Ingredients: Serving Size: 4 (1/4 cup):
- 1 1/2 Ripe Avocado
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 3 Tablespoon Raw Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 brick of 85% Dark Chocolate (I used Green & Black)
- 1/2 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tablespoon Pure Maple Syrup
- Optional: Top with banana, berries, coconut flakes, etc! For additional nutrients, you can add chia seeds to the blend!
- In a small sauce pan, melt 85% dark chocolate on a low heat. Be sure to watch this, this melts quickly and you want to avoid the chocolate from getting over heated. When it’s about 90% melted, remove from heat and stir until fully smooth.
- In a food processor combine, avocado, almond milk, cocoa powder, melted dark chocolate, vanilla extract and maple syrup. Blend for about 10 secs, stir and blend again.
- Pour into a serving bowl and enjoy right away! Or, place in refrigeration for about an hour to enjoy a more mousse-like consistency.
Warning: Highly addictive! 🙂
Nutrition Facts per Serving: