It’s October which means crisp air, holiday season around the corner and of course, all things apples! Have you ventured to do your annual apple picking and question what on earth are you going to do with all these apples? There’s only so many apples you can eat in the raw before viewing them as just a boring apple! Well, here’s a solution!
Growing up my Dad was very big on Sunday brunch. He would always make my brothers and I all types of heavenly breakfast foods every Sunday. As an adult, I still incorporate this mentality into my every week but as you know, I am always coming up with a more nutrient dense way of consuming the foods that I love. If you enjoy a Sunday brunch at home and want to add in some apple flavoring, you’re going to love these!
Also, be sure to check out the below link to learn about the benefits of apples!
Ingredients: (1 serving)
- 3 Slices Ezekiel Bread (Regular or Cinnamon)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Fuji Apple (or Apple of your choice)
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- Drizzle raw honey or pure maple syrup
- Peel and slice your apples lengthwise or into small pieces (or however you desire). Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and mix well together.
- Heat a pan on medium heat. Melt 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil and add the apples.
- Watch these carefully so they do not burn – cook while mixing every 2 minutes for 8-10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, almond milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Whisk well together with a fork.
- Heat a large pan on medium heat and add 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Add the Ezekiel bread to the liquid mixture and place in the pan. Cook on both sides for 3 minutes.
- Stack the french toast on a plate, top with apple heaven and drizzle with either raw honey or pure maple syrup. Dive in and enjoy!!