The secret is out about overnight oats! Lately I’ve been recommending overnight oats to a lot of my clients for a few reasons. First, time management and convenience. Before you go to bed at night you just have to put all the ingredients together in a jar, bowl or container and place it into the refrigerator. During the night the oats absorb the ingredients so when you wake up in the morning you have breakfast waiting for you to consume! Therefore the excuse of “I don’t have time to eat breakfast” is no longer valid! Two, you can get really creative with these recipes and custom make your oats to the way that you desire! You can add cocoa powder to give it a chocolate taste or nut butter to make it more nutty or…..add BOTH to give it a chocolate AND nut flavor! The possibilities are endless. Third, this quick on-the-go meal is very nutrient dense. It’s packed with your essential complex carbohydrates which will keep you full longer and fuel you for your morning, a little protein to help build and repair your cells (and muscles) which keeps you active and youthful and vitamins and minerals which are needed daily to sustain every day health!
If you’re one of those people that is scrambling in the mornings and need something quick that you can grab and go, this is for you!
Ingredients: 1 Jar
- 1/3 Cup Oats
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/4 Cup Siggi’s Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Teaspoon Raw Natural Honey (pick up at local farmers markets)
- 1/2 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Mashed Banana
- Optional: Strawberries and other 1/2 of banana as topping
- Cut a medium-large banana in half and mash into a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients, oats, almond milk, honey, cinnamon and place into your jar. Cover and refrigerate! Doesn’t get any easier!
Nutrition Facts: (Note: In addition to the oats its recommended to also eat this with a side of eggs as well, cooked however you desire. For convenience, I suggest hard boiled.)