The past few days have been a scorcher! I love the heat so I am not complaining, however, when it’s this hot I crave foods that are refreshing and if they are nutritious, even better!
This is a really simple recipe that takes 10 minutes to prep and is loaded with essential vitamins, minerals and water. As we all know, when it’s hot you want to make sure that your body is fully hydrated. Cucumbers are considered to be super foods because they are made up of 95% water (with the peel). Cucumbers also contain phytonutrients which act as antioxidants for overall health and prevention of diseases. You can enjoy this refreshing dish with any animal protein, fish or even a great side/snack! Enjoy!
- 1 Pineapple
- 1 Large Cucumber
- 1/2 Cup Diced Cilatro
- 1/2 Small Red Onion (diced small)
- 2 Limes
- Cut the top of the pineapple off width-wise. Take your knife and go around the edge of the inside of the pineapple. From there make an “X” with the knife breaking the inside of the pineapple into 4’s. With the use of a spoon, use the spoon to dig out each quarter. Dice each piece into little squares and place in a bowl.
- If preferred, peel the skin of the cucumber and cut into tiny squares. I cut the cucumber in 1/2 to make it easier to dice into squares but however you prefer! Add to the bowl with the pineapple.
- Dice the onion and cilantro and add to bowl.
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze fresh lime juice.
- Use your spoon and mix everything together!
- Optional: If using for entertainment, you can use the base of the pineapple as your bowl! 🙂