Can you believe it’s already the 4th of July!! If you have a bbq to attend or hosting one this holiday weekend, here is a great treat you can provide!
The base of the balls are dates. Did you know: Dates are part of the fruit family and come from my favorite plant, the palm tree. They contain a wide variety of essential vitamins and minerals such as, calcium, iron, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, magnesium and zinc. Dates also provide a great source of energy, sugar and fiber. Dates contain zero saturated fat, trans fat and cholesterol making them a blood pressure and heart healthy treat. These balls contain 5 ingredients and can whipped together in 10 minutes or less. Just be careful, they are highly addictive! 🙂
Ingredients (24 balls)
- 15 Dates
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1/4 Cup Raw Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Additional Shredded Unsweetened Coconut Flakes for rolling
- Soak the dates in water for 10 minutes.
- Drain and place the dates and all other ingredients (coconut flakes, chopped walnuts, cocoa powder, vanilla extract) in a food processor. Process until the mixture becomes thick and paste-like (few seconds). Warning: Mixture is sticky! Wet your hands a little if it becomes an issue with stickiness.
- Use a tablespoon and scoop out a tablespoon portion. Roll together with your hands into balls, roll through shredded coconut and place on a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the chocolate balls in the freezer for an hour.
- Take out & ENJOY!