I’ve noticed lately that avocado toast is the hot item in most breakfast and lunch places. I also was blown away by the amount of money that these places are charging for a slice of bread with some avocado, and let’s just say, they’re killing it! People are loving it!
I wanted to see what all the hype was about so I created this ‘thedailydiehl’ way. I now understand what the hype is all about because it is, that good. This version of avocado toast is packed with protein, complex carbohydrates, healthy fat and my favorite herb that is full of essential anti-inflammatory oils. Enjoy!
Ingredients (1 serving)
- 8 Large Shrimp
- 2 Slices Ezekiel Bread
- 1/2 Ripe Avocado
- 1 Tomato
- Fresh Basil
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder as desired
- Coat your shrimp in seasoning of your choice. I coated the shrimp in olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder but any seafood seasoning will be OK!
- Heat a medium pan and cook the shrimp until pink (5 mins). Be sure to watch this and stir so they evenly cook.
- Place your Ezekiel bread under the broiler or in the toaster and toast.
- Dice tomato and basil into small pieces.
- Cut your avocado length wise. Take 1/2 the avocado and cut into 1/4ths. Grab onto the end/point of the avocado and use your thumb to peel the skin off the avocado (the antioxidant properties are in the dark green color which is found on the outer layer of the avocado). Dice the meat of the avocado length-wise into 4 pieces for each quarter.
- Coat the toast with olive oil, place your sliced 1/4 avocado on each slice of bread.
- Cut the shrimp into chunks and blend together with the tomato and basil.
- Top the toast with the shrimp mixture and dive in!
*optional – you can sprinkle a little more olive oil on top for texture and a little added flavor*
Total Time: 15 minutes
- Calories: 483
- Carbohydrates: 34 grams
- Protein: 28 grams
- Fat: 21 grams