For those of you who don’t know, a few years back I had to give up eating chicken because my body built an intolerance to it (this is why you don’t see many chicken recipes on the blog). How does that happen? Doing too much Crossfit and eating WAY too much chicken. I would literally eat chicken every day for lunch, snack and dinner. I became a chicken junky! It was easy, convenient and provided the amino acids I needed to reach my goals. However, what ended up happening was I reached goals but my bodies defense system started to reject it. I simply ate so much of it that my body fought digesting it. The human anatomy is wild! This is why ALL foods need to be switch up. After 2.5 years of fearing chicken, I wanted to check in and see how my body would react to it. Good news, it reacted WELL. No digestive problems, great work out the next morning at 6am, happy Katie! This doesn’t mean I’ll eat this every day but I’m going to slowly bring it back once a week or every other. SO, with that said, this dish is sooo delicious and sooo easy! You all know me and my 20 minute meals. Give this a try!!
Ingredients: 3 Servings
- 1 Package Non Antibiotic, No Hormone Chicken Breast
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Bunch Fresh Basil
- 1/2 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1/4 Tablespoon Water
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Fresh Basil, diced small
- Take a fork and tenderize your chicken (this allows marinade to get into the chicken). Using a large zip lock bag, place chicken, sea salt, pepper, garlic powder and olive oil. Close and use your hands to move chicken around in the marinade. Optional: Can let this sit for 20-30 minutes before cooking.
- Heat your grill (or you can pan-fry, I used the grill) on medium-low heat. Place the chicken and cook 5-7 minutes per side. *tip: by cooking the chicken on a lower heat, makes the chicken more tender and enjoyable.
- While chicken is grilling, in a blender (or food processor) place fresh basil, garlic, olive oil and water. Blend well together for 20 secs (or less). Optional: can add sea salt if desired. Pour into a bowl.
- Dice your cherry tomatoes and place to the side.
- Once chicken is done, top with pesto, diced cherry tomatoes and extra fresh basil.
**I paired this with my favorite romaine salad which is romaine and red onion finely chopped, olive oil, fresh lemon juice, dill and sea salt.**