HELLO, delicious! Salads have been taking over my food blog but I am totally okay with it. They are beyond nutritious, so easy to make and pair with just about every protein out there.
Lately I’ve been spending a lot of time researching the Coronavirus and essential nutrients needed to keep our immune system thriving. So, I wanted to create a salad that incorporated the essentials (vitamin c, zinc, polyphenols, pytosterols) and here you have it! (only vitamin missing is vitamin D. All you need to do is add salmon or tuna to this salad and you’re good!)
Feta and oranges together, ew? Nope! Think again. DELICIOUS. This is a great salad for every day but especially for the warmer days ahead. Enjoy!
INGREDIENTS: 4 SERVINGS
- 1 Container Spinach (or Arugula – this would be fantastic with arugula)
- 1 Naval Orange, cut into small squares or triangles
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Feta Cheese
- 1/2 Large Cucumber, diced
- 1/2 Cup Diced Unsalted Walnuts
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Rinse, dry and finely chop the spinach, place into a bowl.
- Add cucumber, walnuts, oranges, feta cheese, olive oil and fresh lemon juice.
- Mix well together & serve.
Can’t get any easier!
Stay safe. Stay healthy!!