If you haven’t figured it out already, I like to stuff my veggies with food! It makes the experience fun and when you bake it all the flavors blend together making the meal taste even better. I was craving some sort of comfort food so I pretty much put my refrigerator into a pepper! :p Because my schedule is so crazy, making these is great for meal prepping! I topped this with what else but guacamole! These are full of protein and a bunch of our essential micronutrients. Nom nom!
Ingredients: (serving: 4 peppers)
- 4 Bell Peppers of your choice (yellow, red, green, orange).
- 1lb Ground Turkey (you can use ground chicken, pork or beef as well)
- 1/2 Medium Size Red Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 4 Cups of Raw Spinach
- 1 Small-Medium Size Zucchini
- 1 Tablespoon Cilantro
- Salt/Pepper/Onion Powder for seasoning
- 1/2 Lime
- Olive Oil
- Optional: Diced Tomatoes, Homemade Guacamole
1. Preheat your oven to 375.
2. Cut the tops off of your peppers and clean the inside out. Wrap the peppers in tin foil, place a dash of olive oil in them and place in the oven and let back for about 15-20 mins.
3. Dice the onion, garlic, zucchini and place on medium heat in a fry pan and sautee with olive oil.
4. Once the onion, garlic, zucchini is fully cooked, add the spinach and blend all together.
5. Season the turkey meat with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add to the fry pan and chop up and blend together with the mixture. Cook until the turkey meat is fully cooked.
6. Use a spoon to add the turkey mixture into the peppers.
7. Place back into the oven for 15 mins.
8. Remove and top with diced cilantro and fresh lime juice. *Add diced tomatoes and guacamole, if desired.*
Super easy and delicious..enjoy!!