The most popular resolution every year is weight loss and eating healthy! A lot of people always ask me about on-the-go breakfast ideas because breakfast is the hardest meal for them to prep. Here is a great option! You can make tons of them, refrigerate them and quickly heat them in the morning. The other fun side to these, is you can fill them with whatever you like! Get creative and have fun. But here’s the break down on how to do so…
Ingredients (serving 12 muffins):
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Egg White
- 3 Slices of Bacon
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 White Potato
- Salt/Pepper, if desired
- Olive Oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Use a grater and grate the white potato into “hash”.
- Place in a muffin sheet and put a dash of olive oil and salt in each and bake for 20 min or until the tips of the potatoes turn brown.
- While the potatoes are baking, dice the bacon into little squares and cook in a medium pan until crispy.
- In a bowl, blend the eggs, bacon (including the bacon fat!), spinach, salt/pepper into the bowl and whisk together.
- Once the potatoes have turned brown, remove from the oven and use a 1/4 measuring scoop to scoop the egg mixture into each section.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the eggs are fully cooked.
You can eat these with avocado and a side of fruit as well – great on the go, nutritious meal! Enjoy! 🙂