People often ask me what is my simple pleasure in life with food. For me, it’s simple. Sweets. I love anything sweet. Cookies, cakes, pastries, chocolate, dried mango, granola, etc. As much as I enjoy all the above, it isn’t necessarily a certain “cookie” that I crave but yet the simple flavors of what the cookie has to offer me. I am always looking for great innovative ways to take the “bad” stuff and turn them into diet friendly options. Not only for myself but for my clients as well.
Yesterday was one of those days where I just wanted something sweet. I whipped these up in less than 10 minutes! There is no baking involved. Just simple, delicious ingredients, mixed together and rolled into circular perfection!
Next time you are craving those cookies, be sure to make these instead!
- 2 Cups Raw Oats
- 3/4 Cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/3 Cup Local Honey
- 1/2 Cup Chia Seeds
- 12 Squares (or 1 brick) 85% Dark Natural Chocolate
- In a big bowl, blend together all of the ingredients above.
- Be sure to line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Wet your hands and use a tablespoon to dish out your portions for the balls.
- Using your hands, roll the oats into balls and place on parchment paper.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes and enjoy!
Warning: These are highly addictive. Be sure to limit yourself to 1-2 balls in a serving! 🙂