Looking for a quick, easy way to spruce up your protein from the grill (or pan)? This recipe is absolutely delicious! Not only does it take 10 minutes, to make but it adds so much flavor to any protein! Cherry tomatoes are in season at your local farmers market or in the stores, be sure to grab a fresh pint and try this recipe!
Ingredients: 2 Servings
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Thinly Chopped Basil
- 1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes (cut in 1/2)
- 1/2 Tsp Lemon Zest
- 2 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoon Fresh Diced Garlic
- Salt/Pepper, if desired.
- Heat a medium skillet on medium heat and add garlic. Cook garlic until slightly brown.
- Dice the cherry tomatoes into halves and add to the skillet. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally (the water from the tomatoes will form a ‘sauce’).
- Mix in the chopped fresh basil and stir well.
- Add lemon zest and fresh lemon juice and cook an additional 30 secs.
- Remove from heat and top on grilled chicken, shrimp, white fish, burgers, etc! Options are endless!