This time of year jump starts cravings for ‘comfort’ foods with earlier sunsets, Fall foliage, chilly evening temperatures. This dish is Autumn in a bowl! We all know I am a summer baby but I won’t deny that I love Fall seasonal foods! This delicious power bowl includes a perfect blend of protein, complex carbohydrates, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals! Giving you all your nutrients in one delicious meal!
Even if you are not a fan of Brussels sprouts, do not knock it ’til you try it! Roasted Brussels taste great when they are combined with other classic Fall flavors.
This recipe is great for any night or will make a great addition to your Thanksgiving or Christmas menu’s!
Ingredients: 4 Servings
- 2lb Sweet Sausage (out of casing – pork or chicken)
- 3 Cups Fresh Brussel Sprouts, cut into 1/4’s
- 3 Cups Butternut Squash, cubed
- 1 Cup Halved Pecans
- 1 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 3 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon Pink Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and cut your Brussels sprouts into 1/4’s, coat with olive oil & pink sea salt and spread on 1/2 side of large cookie sheet.
- Peel and cut butternut squash into small cubes. Place in a bowl and mix together with 2 tablespoons of maple syrup and cinnamon. Spread on the other 1/2 of the large cookie sheet.
- Bake both Brussels and butternut squash for 25-30 minutes or until squash is done.
- Coat a large pan with olive oil and cook your ground sausage. Break it up with a wooden spoon to get clusters. Cook until edges are brown, 10-15 minutes on medium to high heat. (Note: If you like your edges crisp like me, turn heat on high for 1 minute before removing from heat).
- In a large bowl combine brussels, butternut squash, pecans, dried cranberries and blend together with cooked sweet sausage.
- Add 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and blend well together.