Now that Memorial Day has come to a close, we have officially kicked off the season of Summer! If you follow me on Instagram you may have noticed last summer I made these chicken wings, literally, every week. They became a staple in my weekly menu. I’ve never really been much of a chicken wing kind of gal, but as soon as I started getting creative with all different type of seasoning blends, I instantly became obsessed and asking myself – Chicken wings, where have you been all my life?
Chicken wings have a reputation of being bad for you. I am here to break a myth! As long as they aren’t deep fried and saturated in sauces, they are A-OK for your healthy lifestyle and a great source of protein.
Until snow hits the ground, I will continue to make these a part of my weekly menu, and you should too! Enjoy!!
- 1lb organic chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Handful fresh parsley
1. Heat your grill to medium-high. Rinse the chicken wings under cold water and place on a baking sheet with tinfoil
2. Combine the seasonings into a bowl and mix. Using your hands, dry rib the chicken wings on all sides, until skin is fully covered in seasoning.
3. Place on the grill and cook 4-5 minutes before flipping and cooking another 4-5 minutes (cooking time may depend on the type of grill. Watch them.)
4. Remove from grill and sprinkle fresh parsley on top.